Monday, March 11, 2013

Memories

Most every day I spend feeling motivated and inspired to live the best life I can.  Emery taught me so much about strength and love that I never knew had existed in me.  But the past few nights I have spent quietly pouring over pictures of him.  Remembering the brief moment in time we held him in our arms.  It has been a quiet time that I enjoy feeling like it is just him and I having some mom and son time.  What I have noticed though as I put together his baby book, sometimes I wish I had a picture of something that I dont.  I always have the thought, oh I just have to get that one of him....if only it was that easy.   I have so many pictures of my son but as I see cute stickers or things to decorate his pages with I wish I could have that perfect picture.  It is so weird knowing I cant go back to fill in the pages.  I have so many sweet memories, and so many amazing pictures, dont get me wrong, it is just a weird thing to think of, that I cant go back and get a picture. But what I wanted to talk about where the scrapbooks for him. I have 2 different books.  One is from his shower where we put together poems, quotes or things people had written for him.  The other is his baby book.  You know they dont make a really awesome baby book for one who has such a brief life.  I didnt want to buy a regular baby book and leave it mostly blank, so I am making my own.  I am trying to get a lot done so I can bring them to his memorial in a few days, but for those who cant be there I thought I would post some of the pictures of the pages that are finished.

 Cover of the book of letters/poems for Emery.
 Cover of his baby book
 Angel shower instructions for what to do, and his heart rate on the monitor.
 Hand prints/footprints and cards from the hospital
 Picture of him brand new and his baptism
 Page of pictures, we sang him happy birthday
 Emery in his handmade sweater, hat and blankets  and pictures of how much hair he had
 Clip of his hair (it was much longer but the nurse was nervous to cut it :) )
 Dragonfly poem, page done for Emery by a cousin
 Poem about butterflies page and other page decorated by cousins
 Page by Gigi and page by Sa (and Gigi)
 pages by his great grandparents
 Letter I wrote to Emery
 Page done by a friend, and poem sent to me by another friend
Pages made by myself and my amazing daughter!!



I love the way that his books are coming together, I am so excited to share them on Saturday.  I love that I will have all these amazing things to keep from my son's life and from the people that were touched by him.



I have this poem on my wall by Emery's things.  
Just a Memory Away
I'm no longer by your side
but there's no need to weep;
I've left sweet recollections
I'm hoping that you will keep
Eternal joy and memories
Stay in our hearts forever
Strengthening our special bond
That parting cannot sever
Now it's time to journey on
So let your faith be strong
For I am in a better place
I'm home where I belong
And if times of loneliness
Bring sorrow and dismay
Don't despair, for I am there
Just a memory away
-Rita S. Beer

No comments:

Post a Comment